PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT (PDPA)
Privacy Notice (For Customers)
At QIC SKILLS, we value your privacy and strive to protect your personal information in compliance with the laws of Malaysia.
Pursuant to that, this Privacy Notice is designed to explain and elaborate upon some of our policies and principles pertaining to your personal information, all of which we have adopted as a sign of our commitment to respecting, maintaining, protecting and safeguarding the privacy of your personal information.
QIC SKILLS will only collect, record, hold, use, disclose and store (i.e. ”process”) your personal information in accordance with such laws (including the Personal Data Protection Act 2010), this Privacy Notice and the privacy terms in your agreement(s) with any QIC SKILLS entity that you may have contracted with.
This Privacy Notice explains:
- The type of personal information we collect and how we collect it
- How we use your personal information
- The parties that we disclose the personal information to
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update your personal information
Your privacy matters to us, so please take your time to get to know our practices. If you need further information, please contact our Call Centre representatives at +603 7496 6117 .
For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, please note that:
- QIC SKILLS and all its related companies, as defined in section 7 of the Companies Act 2016 and jointly controlled companies, providing financial and other regulated services, excluding companies, branches, offices and other forms of presence operating outside of Malaysia unless and to the extent otherwise stated.
- ”Personal information” refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you and/or your transactions with us. This information includes your name, address, occupation, contact details, the details of your account(s), the type of products and/or services subscribed to and other necessary information regarding yourself and your transaction(s) with us. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Notice is applicable only if you are an individual.
What Kind Of Personal Information We Collect And How We Collect It
In order to enable us to deal with your inquiries, open and operate an account/facility for you and/or to generally provide you with our products and services, we may need to and/or may be required to process personal information and financial information about you, including but not limited to:
- personal information including your images to establish your identity and background;
- personal information to establish your financial standing, creditworthiness and/or suitability for any of our products/services applied for (if required); and/or
- personal information that you provide when you apply for any of our products and service.
We may obtain this information from yourself and from a variety of sources, including but not limited to:
- through your relationship with us, for example information provided by you in application forms, when using our products or services, when taking part in customer surveys, competitions and promotions, and during financial reviews;
- through your verbal and written communications with us and/or our authorized agents;
- from an analysis of the way you use and manage your account(s)/facility(ies) with us, from the transactions you make and from the payments which are made to/from your account(s)/facility(ies);
- from third parties connected with you, such as employers, joint account holders, security providers, guarantors and indemnitors, subject to your prior consent; and/or
- from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where not otherwise restricted.
- from recordings of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) installed at our premises;
- from the Malaysia Department of Insolvency, other relevant governmental authorities and/or law enforcement agencies to ascertain inter alia your current and past financial standing;
How We Use Your Personal Information
Other than as stated above, we may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to assess your application(s) /request(s) for our products and services;
- to verify your financial standing through credit reference/reporting checks;
- to manage and maintain your account(s) and facility(ies) with us;
- to better manage our business and your relationship with us;
- to better understand your current and future investment needs and your financial situation;
- to provide you with information on our and/or third party products, services, offers and/or contests which may be of interest to you and in this respect, to contact you via SMS, phone or mobile device, email, fax, mail, websites or browsers, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- to improve our existing products and services and develop new products and services;
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the features of products and services;
- to administer offers, competitions and promotions;
- to respond to your enquiries and complaints and to generally resolve disputes;
- to update, consolidate and improve the accuracy of our records;
- to produce data, reports and statistics which have been anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual;
- to conduct research for analytical purposes including but not limited to data mining and analysis of your transactions with us
- to meet the disclosure requirements of any law binding on QIC SKILLS;
- for audit, compliance and risk management purposes;
- to assess financial and insurance risks;
- to transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any of your agreements with us;
- to protect or enforce our rights to recover any debt owing to us;
- to conduct anti-money laundering checks; for crime detection, investigation, prevention and prosecution; to comply with any sanction requirements;
- to enforce and/or defend any of our rights; and/or
- for any other purpose that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
Please be assured that we will ask for your consent before using your personal information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Notice and in the privacy terms in your agreement(s) with any QIC SKILLS entities.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our products and services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you and/or your accounts and/or facilities with us(as well as with other entities within the QIC SKILLS whether in or outside Malaysia) to the following third parties:
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, affiliates, service providers, business partners, professional advisers, other banks and/or financial institution, within or outside Malaysia, where necessary;
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested;
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in providing value added services that you have requested;
- companies and/or organisations that provide services to us in communicating our products and services to you;
- your advisers (including but not limited to accountants, auditors, lawyers, financial advisers or other professional advisers) where authorised by you;
- any other person notified by you as authorised to give instructions or to use the account(s)/facility(ies) or products or services on your behalf;
- any third party as a result of any restructuring of facilities granted to you or the sale of debts, or the acquisition or sale of any company by QIC SKILLS, provided that any recipient uses your information for the same purposes as it was originally supplied to us and/or used by us;
- any guarantors or security providers for the facility(ies) granted by us to you;
- any person intending to settle any moneys outstanding under the facility(ies) granted by us to you;
- any rating agency, insurer or insurance broker or direct or indirect provider of credit protection;
- any financial institutions, merchants, VISA International Services Association, MasterCard International Incorporated and other card associations in relation to any credit card and/or debit card issued to you by us; and/or
- any person connected to the enforcement or preservation of any of our rights under your agreement(s) with us,
All parties are subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the QIC SKILLS (whether in or outside Malaysia). The afore-mentioned third parties may in some instances be located outside of Malaysia.
Additionally, the individual entities within the QIC SKILLS, our merchants and strategic partners may contact you about products, services and offers, which we believe may be of interest to you or benefit you financially. However, please note that we will only disclose your personal information (which will not include information relating to your affairs or accounts) to our merchants and strategic partners where your prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the QIC SKILLS (whether in or outside Malaysia).
You may tell us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, from individual entities within the QIC SKILLS and/or from our merchants and strategic partners by notifying us at the address/telephone number/e-mail address given at the end of this Privacy Notice. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail. In certain instances where marketing communications from us are sent via browser push to your mobile device, you will have to follow certain prescribed steps to discontinue the receipt of marketing communications from us. Please take note that certain communications such as statements of account and our websites contain standard information regarding our other products and services that cannot be removed without affecting the delivery/provision of our services and/or products, the operation of your account(s) and/or facility(ies) with us, and/or additional costs to you.
We will otherwise treat your personal information as private and confidential and will not disclose your information to anyone outside the QIC SKILLS except:
- where you have given permission;
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law;
- where required or authorised by any order of court, tribunal or authority, whether governmental or quasi-governmental with jurisdiction over QIC SKILLS;
- where we may transfer rights and obligations pursuant to our agreement(s) with you; and/or
- where we are required to meet our obligations to any relevant regulatory authority (whether in or outside Malaysia).
Security Of Your Personal Information
Information is our asset and therefore QIC SKILLS places great importance on ensuring the security of your personal information. We regularly review and implement up-to-date technical and organisational security measures when processing your personal information.
Employees of QIC SKILLS are trained to handle personal information securely and with utmost respect, failing which they will be subject to disciplinary action.
Retention Of Your Personal Information
QIC SKILLS will retain your personal information in compliance with this Privacy Notice and/or the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with QIC SKILLS entities for the duration of your relationship with us, for such period as may be necessary to protect the interests of QIC SKILLS and/or its customers as may be deemed necessary, where otherwise required by the law and/or where required by QIC SKILLS’s relevant policies.
What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete?
Where indicated (for example in application forms or account opening forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our products or services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application/request or provide you with our products or services.
Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Information
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your personal information in QIC SKILLS’s possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date, you may make a request to us via our Data Access Request Form or Data Correction Request Form respectively. These forms are available at our branches.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your duly completed Data Access Request Form/Data Correction Request Form and the relevant processing fee (if any).
Please note that QIC SKILLS may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
Please also note that QIC SKILLS may use its discretion in allowing the corrections requested and/or may require further documentary evidence of the new information to avoid fraud and inaccuracy.
You can also assist us to keep your personal information (such as your current mailing address) up to date, as it will enable us to serve you better.
Exercising Choices Over The Disclosure, Retention And Use Of Your Personal Information
Subject always to our contractual rights and obligations under relevant laws and regulations, you may exercise your choice in respect of the disclosure, retention and use of your personal information. Should you wish to do so, kindly contact us at the address/telephone number/e-mail address given at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Revisions To Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time. Notice of any such revision will be given on QIC’s website and/or by such other means of communication deemed suitable by QIC SKILLS.
Contacting QIC SKILLS About Your Privacy And How We Handle Your Personal Information
Should you have any query in relation to this Privacy Notice or how we handle your personal information, kindly contact Head of Customer Resolution Unit at the following contact points:
|Telephone||:||+603 7496 6117|
|Address||:||Quantum Inno Creat Sdn Bhd|
7, Jalan Lembah 5/2,
Bukit Gasing, 46000
While we have not made any material changes to the way we process data about our users, we have updated this policy to make it shorter and easier to read, and to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the California Consumer Privacy Act.
1. What Data We Get
We collect certain data from you directly, like information you enter yourself, data about your participation in courses, and data from third-party platforms you connect with QICSKILLS. We also collect some data automatically, like information about your device and what parts of our Services you interact with or spend time using.
1.1 Data You Provide to Us
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the Services. Below are some examples to help you better understand the data we collect.
When you create an account and use the Services, including through a third-party platform, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
|Account Data||In order to use certain features (like enrolling in a course), you need to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your email address, password, gender, and date of birth, and assign you a unique identifying number (“Account Data”).|
|Profile Data||You can also choose to provide profile information like a photo, headline, website link, social media profiles, or other data. Your Profile Data will be publicly viewable by others.|
|Shared Content||Parts of the Services let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including by posting reviews on a course page, asking or answering questions, sending messages to students or instructors, or posting photos or other work you upload. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted.|
|Course Data||When you enroll in and take courses, we collect certain data including which courses, assignments and quizzes you’ve started and completed; your exchanges with instructors, teaching assistants, and other students; and essays, answers to questions, and other items submitted to satisfy course requirements.|
|Student Payment Data||If you make purchases, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name and zip code) as necessary to process your order. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code. For security, QICSKILLS does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.|
|Data About Your Accounts on Other Services||We may obtain certain information through your social media or other online accounts if they are connected to your QICSKILLS account. If you login to QICSKILLS via Facebook or another third-party platform or service, we ask for your permission to access certain information about that other account. For example, depending on the platform or service we may collect your name, profile picture, account ID number, login email address, location, physical location of your access devices, gender, birthday, and list of friends or contacts.|
Those platforms and services make information available to us through their APIs. The information we receive depends on what information you (via your privacy settings) or the platform or service decide to give us.
If you access or use our Services through a third-party platform or service, or click on any third-party links, the collection, use, and sharing of your data will also be subject to the privacy policies and other agreements of that third party.
The data listed above is stored by us and associated with your account.
1.2 Data We Collect through Automated Means
When you access the Services (including browsing courses), we collect certain data by automated means, including:
|System Data||Technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types (“System Data”).|
|Usage Data||Usage statistics about your interactions with the Services, including courses accessed, time spent on pages or the Service, pages visited, features used, your search queries, click data, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the Services (“Usage Data”).|
|Approximate Geographic Data||An approximate geographic location, including information like country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address.|
The data listed above is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the ”Cookies and Data Collection Tools” section below. It is stored by us and associated with your account.
2. How We Get Data About You
We use tools like cookies, web beacons, analytics services, and advertising providers to gather the data listed above. Some of these tools offer you the ability to opt out of data collection.
2.1 Cookies and Data Collection Tools
QICSKILLS uses the following types of cookies:
- Preferences: cookies that remember data about your browser and preferred settings that affect the appearance and behavior of the Services (like your preferred language).
- Security: cookies used to enable you to log in and access the Services; protect against fraudulent logins; and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
- Functional: cookies that store functional settings (like the volume level you set for video playback).
- Session State: cookies that track your interactions with the Services to help us improve the Services and your browsing experience, remember your login details, and enable processing of your course purchases. These are strictly necessary for the Services to work properly, so if you disable them then certain functionalities will break or be unavailable.
Some of the third-party partners who provide certain features on our site may also use Local Storage Objects (also known as flash cookies or LSOs) to collect and store data.
We use third-party browser and mobile analytics services like Google Analytics, Hotjar, and Intercom on the Services. These services use Data Collection Tools to help us analyze your use of the Services, including information like the third-party website you arrive from, how often you visit, events within the Services, usage and performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We use this data to improve the Services, better understand how the Services perform on different devices, and provide information that may be of interest to you.
2.3 Online Advertising
We use third-party advertising services Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Mailchimp and Google’s ad services, and other ad networks and ad servers to deliver advertising about our Services on other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on things we know about you, like your Usage Data and System Data (as detailed in Section 1), and things that these ad service providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services, and may be tailored to your interests.
Depending on the types of advertising services we use, they may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, phone, or other device to collect data about your use of our Services, and may access those tracking technologies in order to serve these tailored advertisements to you. To help deliver tailored advertising, we may provide these service providers with a hashed, anonymized version of your email address (in a non-human-readable form) and content that you share publicly on the Services.
When using mobile applications you may also receive tailored in-app advertisements. Apple iOS, Android OS, and Microsoft Windows each provide their own instructions on how to control in-app tailored advertising. For other devices and operating systems, you should review your privacy settings or contact your platform operator.
3. What We Use Your Data For
We use your data to do things like provide our Services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, secure against fraud and abuse, improve and update our Services, analyze how people use our Services, serve personalized advertising, and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity.
We use the data we collect through your use of the Services to:
- Provide and administer the Services, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users;
- Process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features;
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from instructors and teaching assistants, notifications about changes to our Service, and updates to our agreements;
- Sending you information and in-app messages about your progress in courses, rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses (which you can opt out of at any time);
- Sending push notifications to your wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages (which you can manage from the ”options” or ”settings” page of the mobile app);
- Manage your account preferences;
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse;
- Solicit feedback from users;
- Market and administer surveys and promotions administered or sponsored by QICSKILLS;
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers;
- Identify unique users across devices;
- Tailor advertisements across devices;
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features;
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data;
- Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications;
- As required or permitted by law; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
4. Who We Share Your Data With
We share certain data about you with instructors, other students, companies performing services for us, our business partners, analytics and data enrichment providers, your social media providers, companies helping us run promotions and surveys, and advertising companies who help us promote our Services. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring. Lastly, we can share data in other ways if it is aggregated or de-identified or if we get your consent.
- With Your Instructors: We share data that we have about you (except your email address) with instructors or teaching assistants for courses you enroll in or request information about, so they can improve their courses for you and other students. This data may include things like your city, country, browser language, operating system, device settings, the site that brought you to QICSKILLS, and your activities on QICSKILLS. If we collect additional data about you (like age or gender), we may share that too. We will not share your email address with instructors or teaching assistants. We also enable our instructors to implement Google Analytics on their course pages to track sources of traffic to their courses and optimize their course pages.
- With Other Students and Instructors: Depending on your settings, your shared content and profile data may be publicly viewable, including to other students and instructors. If you ask a question to an instructor or teaching assistant, your information (including your name) may also be publicly viewable by other users depending on your settings.
- With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services (including retargeted advertising), email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
- With Analytics and Data Enrichment Services: As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics, we share certain contact information, Account Data, System Data, Usage Data (as detailed in Section 1), or de-identified data as needed. De-identified data means data where we’ve removed things like your name and email address and replaced it with a token ID. This allows these providers to provide analytics services or match your data with publicly-available database information (including contact and social information from other sources). We do this to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner.
- To Administer Promotions and Surveys: we may share your data as necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions and surveys you choose to participate in, as required by applicable law (like to provide a winners list or make required filings), or in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey.
- For Advertising: If we decide to offer advertising in the future, we may use and share certain System Data and Usage Data with third-party advertisers and networks to show general demographic and preference information among our users. We may also allow advertisers to collect System Data through Data Collection Tools (as detailed in Section 2.1), and to use this data to offer you targeted ad delivery to personalize your user experience (through behavioral advertising) and undertake web analytics. Advertisers may also share with us the data they collect about you. To learn more or opt out from participating ad networks’ behavioral advertising, see Section 6.1 (Your Choices About the Use of Your Data) below. Note that if you opt out, you’ll continue to be served generic ads.
- For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid request;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of QICSKILLS, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services.
- During a Change in Control: If QICSKILLS undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during due diligence).
- After Aggregation/De-identification: we can disclose or use aggregate or de-identified data for any purpose.
We use appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of data being stored. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always a risk of unauthorized access, so it’s important to protect your password and to contact us if you suspect any unauthorized access to your account.
QICSKILLS takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and QICSKILLS, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact email@example.com with any concerns.
6. Your Rights
You have certain rights around the use of your data, including the ability to opt out of promotional emails, cookies, and collection of your data by certain analytics providers. You can update or terminate your account from within our Services, and can also contact us for individual rights requests about your personal data. Parents who believe we’ve unintentionally collected personal data about their underage child should contact us for help deleting that information.
6.1 Your Choices About the Use of Your Data
You can choose not to provide certain data to us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
- To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive or by changing the email preferences in your account. Note that regardless of your email preference settings, we will send you transactional and relationship messages regarding the Services, including administrative confirmations, order confirmations, important updates about the Services, and notices about our policies.
- The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local data storage. Your wireless device may also allow you to control whether location or other data is collected and shared.
- To opt out of allowing Google Analytics to use your data for analytics or enrichment, see the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, If you have any questions about your data, our use of it, or your rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.2 Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You can access and update your personal data that QICSKILLS collects and maintains as follows:
- To update data you provide directly, log into your account and update your account at any time.
- To terminate your account:
- If you are a student, visit your profile settings page and follow the steps detailed here.
- If you are an instructor, follow the steps detailed here.
- If you have any issues terminating your account, email us at email@example.com or via our Support Center.
- To request to access, correct, or delete your personal data, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to 15 days for a response. For your protection, we may require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that we retain certain data where we have a lawful basis to do so, including for mandatory record-keeping and to complete transactions.
6.3 Our Policy Concerning Children
We recognize the privacy interests of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Children under 13 (or under 16 in the European Economic Area) should not use the Services. If we learn that we’ve collected personal data from a child under those ages, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
Parents who believe that QICSKILLS may have collected personal data from a child under those ages can submit a request that it be removed to email@example.com.
7. Jurisdiction-Specific Rules
If you live in California, you have certain rights related to accessing and deleting your data, as well as learning who we share your data with. If you live in Australia, you have the right to make a formal complaint with the appropriate government agency. Users outside of the United States should note that we transfer data to the US and other areas outside of the European Economic Area.
7.1 Users in California
Users who are California residents have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, (”CCPA”). If you are an eligible California user, included in these rights are:
- ”Right to Know” — You have the right to request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you and access a copy of your personal information.
- ”Right to Deletion” — You have the right to request deletion of personal information that we have collected about you.
- ”Right to Non-Discrimination” — If you choose to exercise any of your rights under CCPA, QICSKILLS will treat you like all other users. In other words, there is no penalty for exercising your rights under CCPA.
To exercise any of these rights under CCPA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at QICSKILLS, Inc., Attn: Privacy/Legal Team, 600 Harrison Street, 3rd floor, San Francisco CA 94107. As part of the CCPA you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. For your protection, we may require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account, and we may need to verify you and/or your agent’s identity before fulfilling your request.
Additionally, for more information about the personal information we collect and how we collect it, please see the sections above entitled ”What Data We Get” and ”How We Get Data About You.”
To learn about the business and commercial purposes for which your personal information is collected and the categories of service providers who have access to your personal information, please see the sections above entitled ”What We Use Your Data For” and ”Who We Share Your Data With.”
Most importantly, per the CCPA, QICSKILLS does not sell your personal information or the personal information of any of our users.
As a California resident, you also have the right to request certain details about what personal information we share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To submit your request, send an email to email@example.com with the phrase ”California Shine the Light” and include your mailing address, state of residence, and email address.
Since the internet industry is still working on Do Not Track standards, solutions, and implementations, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals.
7.2 Users in Nevada
As is the case for all of its users, QICSKILLS does not sell its users’ personal information or personal data. Nonetheless, if you are a resident of Nevada, and would like to request that we do not sell your personal information, you can request to opt out of the sale of covered information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at QICSKILLS, Inc., Attn: Privacy/Legal Team, 600 Harrison Street, 3rd floor, San Francisco CA 94107.
7.4 Users Outside of the U.S.
QICSKILLS, Inc. is headquartered in California, and in order to provide the Services to you, we must transfer your data to the United States and process it there. By visiting or using our Services, you consent to storage of your data on servers located in the United States. If you are using the Services from outside the United States, you consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of your data in and to the United States or other countries. Specifically, personal data collected in the United Kingdom (”UK”), Switzerland, and the European Economic Area (”EEA”) is transferred and stored outside those areas. Additionally, if you are located in the UK, EEA, or Switzerland, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your data supervisory authority.
That data is also processed outside of the UK, Switzerland, and the EEA by our QICSKILLS group companies, or our service providers, including to process transactions, facilitate payments, and provide support services as described in Section 4. We have entered into data processing agreements with our service providers that restrict and regulate their processing of your data on our behalf. By submitting your data or using our Services, you consent to this transfer, storage, and processing by QICSKILLS and its processors.
8. Updates & Contact Info
When we make a material change to this policy, we’ll notify users via email, in-product notice, or another mechanism required by law. Changes become effective the day they’re posted. Please contact us via email or postal mail with any questions, concerns, or disputes.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser as you browse the internet. They can be used to collect, store, and share data about your activities across websites, including on QICSKILLS. Cookies also allow us to remember things about your visits to QICSKILLS, like your preferred language, and to make the site easier to use.
We use both session cookies, which expire after a short time or when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which remain stored in your browser for a set period of time. We use session cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, like when you log into QICSKILLS. We use persistent cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period, like when you request that we keep you signed in.
|Authentication and security|
For example, cookies help authenticate your access to QICSKILLS and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your accounts.
For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country you’re in, so we can provide content in your preferred language without asking each time you visit.
|Analytics and research|
For example, cookies help us test different versions of QICSKILLS to see which features or content users prefer, web beacons help us determine which email messages are opened, and cookies help us see how you interact with QICSKILLS, like the links you click on.
You can opt out of some of these services through tools like the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on and Hotjar Opt-Out Cookie.
For example, cookies help us show a personalized list of recommended courses on the homepage.
Please note that where advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertising on other websites and applications, but it will not be tailored to your interests.
When using mobile applications you may also receive tailored in-app advertisements. Apple iOS, Android OS, and Microsoft Windows each provide its own instructions on how to control in-app tailored advertising. For other devices and operating systems, you should review your privacy settings or contact your platform operator.
What are my privacy options?
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to decline cookies by consulting your browser’s support articles. If you decide to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some interactive features in the Services.
- Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, so your browser’s cookie-management tools may not remove them. To learn more about how to manage Flash cookies, see Adobe’s article on managing flash cookies and Website Storage Settings panel.
- To get information and control cookies used for tailored advertising from participating companies, see the consumer opt-out pages for the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site. To opt out of Google Analytics’ display advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
- For general information about targeting cookies and how to disable them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Updates & Contact Info